Young people in abusive relationships often experience the abusive partner;
- Constantly checking their phone or emails without permission
- Putting them down in front of others or to their face
- Trying to stop them seeing family and friends
- Mood swings and explosive temper
- Possessiveness and extreme jealously
- Making false accusations
- Asking them to take part in ‘sexting’
- Making them have sex without consent
- Making them watch pornography or filming them having sex
- Telling them what they can or can’t wear and where they can or can’t go
- Physically hurting them in any way
- Saying they will hurt themselves or someone else if they do not do something
Chat to us
If you are concerned for yourself or someone else, our local, confidential helpline will advise anyone seeking help with domestic abuse. This includes relatives, friends and work colleagues as well as those who are causing harm.
Speak to us on 0800 69 49 999. Our phone line is available 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week.