Navigate this page
Back to Steps you can take


Tell your child's school or college about domestic abuse so that they can support



If you are a parent or have parental responsibility and know domestic abuse is taking place in your relationships, then do tell your child’s school or college. They will then be aware of any signs to look out for to help make sure your child has the best support.

The Somerset Domestic Abuse Service provides support to children and young people affected by domestic abuse, and will also work with schools and colleges to help them respond effectively to domestic abuse.

Last reviewed: September 11, 2023 by Jennifer

Next review due: March 11, 2024

Back to top